We recommend arriving at the venue at least 30 minutes before the advertised starting time. Foyers, bars and the MAPA Box Office open 1 hour prior to performances and seating begins approximately 20 minutes before the performance.
FOOD AND DRINK
Many productions at our venues allow you to bring food and beverages bought at our bars into the auditorium. However glass and hot drinks are not allowed. Food or drinks bought outside the venue are not allowed. If in doubt, ask one of our staff.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We always aim to begin performances at the scheduled time. To avoid distracting audiences and performers, latecomers will not be admitted to the venue until a suitable break in the performance.
We do our best to reunite lost items with their owners. If you find you have left something in the theatre, please call the MAPA Box Office on 03 9905 1111. It is useful if you can tell us your seat number when you call. Items found are held with us for 1 month and then forwarded to the University’s Lost Property Department who will hold them for a further 3 months. University Lost Property can be contacted on 03 9902 6011
BABES IN ARMS
Please check specific information for the event you are attending before booking, as the Babes in Arms policy differs for each show.
For most events in our venues, children under the advertised age (generally 2 years) are admitted free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat and are held on the lap of a parent or guardian.
Due to fire regulations, prams may not be taken into the venues. Pram parking is available and sign-posted.
Except where a show’s content requires specific restrictions, children are welcome to attend a general public or adults’ performance at the discretion of a parent or responsible adult, however a ticket must be purchased and a seat will be allocated for each child.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- For the safety of all patrons, it is a condition of entry that you follow any instructions issued by MAPA staff.
- MAPA venues are smoke free venues.
- Patrons may not bring alcohol into the venues.
- Any alcohol must be purchased from or provided by the licensed foyer bar and consumed within the venue.
- Alcohol will not be served to minors, to adults supplying a minor, or to persons judged to be inebriated.
- An intoxicated person will not be permitted to enter or remain on the premises.
INSIDE THE THEATRES
- All patrons must have a valid ticket for entry into the venue and must sit in a designated seat during the performance.
- Sitting or standing in the aisles or access ways is not permitted at any time during the performance.
- The use of cameras, video cameras and other recording devices is NOT permitted during performances. Exceptions sometimes apply and will be announced before the commencement of the performance.
- To ensure an enjoyable experience for all visitors and no distractions for our performers, we ask all patrons to ensure they turn off or mute all mobile phones, pagers, chiming watches, alarms and all other electronic devices before entering the venue.
To support the health of everyone at Monash, the University is a smoke free campus and this includes all buildings and grounds.
Any personal information provided during the booking process is collected solely for the purposes of ticketing and may also be used to notify you of forthcoming events at the venue.
Monash University Academy of Performing Arts realises how important security is to you.
Because our customers present their event listings in a framed browser window the page may not contain the familiar security indicators including the small “lock” icon at the bottom right corner of the browser frame and the “s” in the address bar (for example, “https”). Please be assured that although these indicators are not present in the master page, the checkout component of this page is secure.
This website uses 128-bit secure socket layer for security of transactions.
To verify that this page is secure and that your credit card number and personal information is being transmitted safely, you may right click on the checkout page and view information about the page:
Internet Explorer: Right click on page, select “Properties”
Firefox: Right click on page, select “This Frame”, then “View Frame Info”
Safari: Right click on page, select “View Frame Source” and note the page title of the popup
You will see that the page address uses ‘https’ indicating a secure, encrypted page.